To me, this was an easy outfit. Do you ever have one of those mornings when you are feeling rushed and just need to hurry up and get the heck out the door? In the ATL, I have about a 10-minute window that if I don’t hit it, I’m stuck in traffic. As in taking me an hour to get to work 😦
So…this outfit came together super easy on my rushed morning. Love a good silk button up. Love a good statement necklace. Love a good pair of skinnies. Love leopard print. Add them all up and voila! Here’s what you got!
My team member at work came to work one day and said “Emily, you have go to get these!” She understands my love for fashion. So for $20 (on sale!) at Old Navy, I couldn’t resist. I love trying new skinnies. And these are pull-on…circa my maternity pant wearing days! I am prone to buying dark wash too because they just make jeans seem a little dressier – at least in my mind. I’ve worn them a few times now, and I highly recommend them. They keep their shape all day and do not stretch out or appear baggy after a few hours. And for under $30, you can’t beat it!
Now, I love wearing high heels, but I’ve been on the hunt for some leopard print flats. Or kitten heels would do, too. And I finally found a pair! Where you ask? In my favorite store’s shoe sale room – Von Maur!! I’ve never own a pair of Isaac Mizrahi New York shoes before, and I am now a big fan. Super comfortable! And they are made so well.
So here you go…my easy go-to outfit. Do you have similar outfit for work that are your go-to?
Last weekend, we visited Key West, Florida, for the first time. It’s a beautiful little beach town where you can relax or party hard. You can decide. Me, I chose the relaxing by the beach and pool with the occasional drink in hand and eating the fantastic food.
Now, I have to say I was probably THE most dressed up person on the entire island. But, I really don’t care. I love to dress up, so dress up I did. I didn’t do glitz and glam, but in this super casual place, I felt like I was definitely over dressed. It was fun though, dressing up and also enjoying my spray tan 🙂
If I go back there again, I will definitely pack differently. If I wear dresses at night, I will make sure I can wear flat sandals or flip flops. Cabs aren’t cheap – going just shy of 2 miles was about $12. I know…crazy! One night I did walk back from dinner in 4 inch platforms. Let’s just say by the time I got back to the hotel, my feet were very angry with me.
But…let’s get to the clothes!
Can you believe this is my first ever maxi skirt?! It is so comfortable and perfect to travel in. The weather was windy, cloudy, and a little cooler when we got there. But as soon as the sun came out, the scarf got ditched quickly.
So, it was a little cool with the breeze, so I definitely have a pashmina hidden in that purse. But I bought this dress at Poppy’s in Atlanta at a trunk show. It is an amazing fabric that packed very well. The wrinkles just fell out. If you follow this blog at all, y’all know I love stripes…and this color combination is one of my favs.
The hubs actually bought me this Hale Bob dress at the end of last summer off of Rue La La. So I guess it was a good to wear it on his birthday trip. Truthfully, I didn’t know how much I liked the funky print until I tried it on…and having a tan helps!
Dress – Hale Bob; Bracelet – Stella & Dot; Sandals – Charles by Charles David
We went out to the Westin on Sunset Key one night for dinner at Latitudes. Let’s just say it was the most gorgeous sunset dinner view I have ever seen. AND the food was amazing. I got this dress at the Juicy Couture store in Chicago last summer on super sale. Fun and vibrant for a tropical vacay! And since we love Disney cruises, it was fun seeing the Wonder pull out of the port.
Dress – Juicy Couture; Sandals – Charles by Charles David; Bracelet – Banana Republic
One of my coworkers and friends had been to Key West a couple of months beforehand and recommended going on a sunset cruise on the Hindu. It was so incredibly peaceful – and the sunset was breathtaking. I knew I was going to walk home after, so I opted for flip flops – thank goodness this maxi was short enough that I wasn’t tripping on it!
Dress – The Impeccable Pig; Flip flops – Henri Bendel; Bracelet – Tory Burch
Have you been to Key West? What did you pack to wear? Did you overpack like I did – as all I wore during the day was a swimsuit!
The other day, I posted about my trip to Boston. I went up there to attend my husband’s annual work party. And I have to say for a work party – it was a blast. With about 1,000 people there, everyone was having a great time. Eating, drinking, and dancing. What a fun company!
I’ve had this dress from Banana Republic for a while, and I absolutely loved it. I hate taking pictures with my little Sure Shot, but when it has to fit in a clutch, it’s all I got! 🙂 The hot pink piping is my favorite part – and I’ve always like the red and pink combo. I guess it was perfect for around Valentine’s Day.
Dress – Banana Republic (on sale!); Bracelet – J. Crew; Shoes – Target
The next night, we headed to a great sushi place for dinner. Of course I wanted to wear another dress. This Juicy Couture dress was on sale right before Christmas. It was one of those “Hey, husband, I want this dress. Can you order it and put it under the tree for me?” It’s a great knit dress with cute jewels at the top. I knew I wanted to wear tights, since it was a wee bit chilly in Boston. And let’s not forget to mention how much I love the zipper that goes all the way down the back. It’s all about the details in my book.
Dress – Juicy Couture; Bracelet – Stella & Dot; Tights – DKNY; Booties – Vince Camuto
Do you love to dress up as much as I do?
I can tend to be a junkie. A product junkie that is. I’ve been better over the years, not being conned at the beauty counter to purchase stuff I don’t need. There are some products that I just can’t live without in my daily beauty routine – whether it’s put on my face, hair or body. Let’s take a look what I can’t live without…
1. EOS Lip Balm. Let’s see, I have one of these bad boys in my purse, in the bathroom, next to my bed, in my desk drawer at work, in the kitchen, in the pool bag. Um, yeah, it’s the best lip balm ever. I have admit the shape isn’t exactly easy to put in your pocket, but who cares. I hate having dry lips, and this lip balm is my go-to.
2. Dove Deep Moisture Liquid Body Wash. I used to be a body wash junkie. I had so many scents it wasn’t even funny. BUT. I noticed that some would make me breakout on my shoulders and back – and who wants that?! Dove Deep Moisture makes my skin so unbelievably soft and never causes any breakouts. And it’s so affordable – we even buy it in bulk at Costco.
3. Vivite Facial Serum. My dermatologist recommended Vivite about six years ago. And I’ve used this facial serum ever since. Granted, it may be pricey, but it lasts forever. It goes on so smooth and a little goes a long way. When people say “You have kids that are 9 and 6, but you look so much younger!”, I credit that to this serum.
4. benefit They’re Real Mascara. Women, you know how hard it is to find a mascara that you love. Just walk in to Ulta and you have 200 different options to choose from! I discovered benefit’s They’re Real when it came out two years ago. I was really looking for a mascara that extended my eyelashes – and this did it. I never have to curl my eyelashes because this mascara does the curling for me. Many times on the weekends I just put this on and I’m out the door.
5. benefit Stay Don’t Stray. I never used to use primer on my eyes. But I received a sample of this last year, and now I never put on eyeshadow without it. It keeps my eyeshadow in place ALL day – even through Zumba!
6. Pureology’s Root Lift. Yep. My hair just lays flat as a board if I don’t have this product in my hair. My cousin is a hair stylist, and she turned me on to this product five years ago. It’s amazing how much lift I get out of my hair when I roll brush it and have this product in my hair. Thank goodness it comes in travel size!
7. Viva La Juicy perfume. I know some people love to mix up their perfumes or colognes all the time. Well, not this girl. I LOVE this perfume. A coworker even once said “I knew you were here because I could smell you in the hallway.” (And yes I asked if that was a compliment – and it was!) Besides the smell, I love the fact that this perfume makes me smell good all day. It lasts! I’ve had some perfumes where the scent is gone one hour later. Perfume is too expensive not to last the day.
Do you use any of these products? What are some of your go-tos?
Like I said last week, work has been insane lately. So the hubs surprised me with a little night out to do some retail therapy last weekend. I know it sounds so silly, but just going to the mall and browsing through all of the new clothes, purses, scarves, shoes, etc. for fall was very therapeutic. I did score some good deals, which made it an even better trip!
Since I knew I was going to probably (ok, most definitely) be trying on some clothes, I wanted to wear something easy. I picked up this dress from Juicy Couture last year on super sale. I haven’t worn it much because it’s a little on the short side to wear to work. But not for this occasion.
Dress – Juicy Couture; Sandals – Sam Edelman; Bracelets – Michael Kors and Stella & Dot (and my FitBit…forgot to take it off – LOL)