Peanut Butter Kiss Cookie Bars
What are your favorite holiday cookies? Well, mine is the peanut butter kiss cookies by far! The peanut butter and chocolate combination….all I can say is Mmmmmmm! Now, if you really know me, you know I do not like to cook or bake. I’ll do it if I have to, but I really loathe it. BUT, I will go to the ends of the Earth to make this dessert. It takes my favorite holiday cookie and makes it into bar form. And it’s easy. I love easy! Just make these and see if you don’t fall in love!
1 box plain yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted (for the 1st step)
2 Tablespoons butter (for a later step)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. Press this into a 9 X 13 pan reserving 1 1/2 cup of the mixture to crumble on top.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Now, if you are like me and can’t wait to dig into this dessert, just go ahead and scoop it into a bowl! It’s even more delicious than waiting for it to settle into a bar.
Just a quick note, too…the last time I made this (when we were literally snow and iced in!), I didn’t have enough chocolate chips. But, I did have a lot of Hershey Kisses. So the girl and I just added a bunch of Kisses to the bowl of chocolate chips. It’s all going to melt together anyway! And it didn’t taste any different.